Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Looking for someone to give me some instruction on making the Pumphouse run on the Colorado. I have a 13 ft Outcast cataraft but have never run it on anything but still water. PM me if you are interested, we can work out some kind of compensation but I am not interested in paying $600+ the local fishing guides are trying to charge.

Just spend the money and have a pro teach you. Ark Anglers does it for $415 for the day. You will learn how to correctly row the boat for fisherman. Anyone with some experience should be able to show you how to get down the river, but that is a far cry from being able to row for fisherman. Based on your thread title I am guessing that spending a little money now will pay off in the long run, and will save your life. Rowing a boat on the river should not be taken lightly. If you are serious about being on the river you should also know CPR and First Aid, as well as take some swift water courses. You may have to help save someone else without becoming a victim. Lastly remember there two kinds of boaters, those who have flipped, and those who will.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts