Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Do you think Obama properly explained the U.S. military action in Libya during his speech Monday nig

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From CNN:

But Obama glided over many of the objections that critics have raised since Operation Odyssey Dawn began. He barely acknowledged complaints that he abused his authority in ordering the operation, only saying that he had “consulted with Congress.”

This is a long cry from the position he took in a 2007 interview with the Boston Globe. Then he said: “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Hypocrisy at it's best ::) but I think we just need to control all oil rich countries and use up those missiles nearing their expiration dates while our military gets real target practice.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
You guys that don't like him will always find something to criticize, no matter what he does. For some on the right, the criticism is that he didn't act soon enough, or that he waited for the Security Council resolution. For others, the complaint is that he acted at all. For still others, the complaint is (or soon will bve) that the US isn't doing enough.

The guy can never win with some of you. You're just looking for excuses to keep on bitching.

·
Banned
3,879 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
You guys that don't like him will always find something to criticize, no matter what he does. For some on the right, the criticism is that he didn't act soon enough, or that he waited for the Security Council resolution. For others, the complaint is that he acted at all. For still others, the complaint is (or soon will bve) that the US isn't doing enough.

The guy can never win with some of you. You're just looking for excuses to keep on bitching.
x2...

You all know I'm no fan of the man but go back eight years to March of 2003 and listen to the spin the White House put on Operation Iraqi Freedom...

If anyone can post here that it's any different I'd have to say you aren't paying attention...

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
ElPasoCounty said:

x2...

You all know I'm no fan of the man but go back eight years to March of 2003 and listen to the spin the White House put on Operation Iraqi Freedom...

If anyone can post here that it's any different I'd have to say you aren't paying attention...
It is the same thing..... Wheres the change we can believe in??? Thats right, it's just more of the same old crap. Sadly, Most liberals (even the ones on here) are just rooting and supporting the (D) and when election time comes, will be voting that way. All the cries from the left when Bush was in office about how he was destroying this country, was only putting on an act like they gave a damm about the US, when in truth, your just rooting for the democrats like you do your donkeys, and, currently, they both suck.

·
Registered
844 Posts
When W was elected I said he would go after Saddam. He tried to have his old man killed and was a threat to peace in the region and by all accounts was involved with WMDs. What gets me is that we sat and watched the same people that are in power today make false claims and accusations about the same things they are doing and denying today.
I have seen Lib spokesman claim that the NFZ in Iraq stopped the humanitarian atrocities and invasion could be avoided when Iraq is compared to present day Libya that is total BS.
We fight today in that region to keep stability and resources from falling into the hands of anti western Muslims who have declared war on us.
I personally think that even if we were flush with oil here we would still be in this fight because of our allies.
Remember when Afghanistan was the good war in BHO's eyes? We hear nothing from there anymore but the war continues, now he has his own "just war" that has 2200 Marines headed that way. Will they hit the ground? who knows, but anybody who thinks this will be over soon is crazy as ++++!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
ElPasoCounty said:

x2...

I think it's already been said, but for most people, it's not that he's taking action, or not taking action. the problem is that Obama and his cronies chastised Bush for doing EXACTLY the same thing he did. The hypocrisy is the issue. And it doesn't stop with the administration either. The VOTERS give Obama a free pass on behaviors they criticized Bush for, and it's been that way since before Obama got into office.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
DozerF350 said:
I think it's already been said, but for most people, it's not that he's taking action, or not taking action. the problem is that Obama and his cronies chastised Bush for doing EXACTLY the same thing he did. The hypocrisy is the issue.
Actually, it's not the same thing as Iraq, which is what I assume you're talking about. It's not even close, either in terms of "justification", level of US involvement, level of Allied involvement, or the ultimate goal.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
DozerF350 said:
ElPasoCounty said:

x2...

I think it's already been said, but for most people, it's not that he's taking action, or not taking action. the problem is that Obama and his cronies chastised Bush for doing EXACTLY the same thing he did. The hypocrisy is the issue. And it doesn't stop with the administration either. The VOTERS give Obama a free pass on behaviors they criticized Bush for, and it's been that way since before Obama got into office.
I almost reported you for telling the truth...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
DozerF350 said:
I think it's already been said, but for most people, it's not that he's taking action, or not taking action. the problem is that Obama and his cronies chastised Bush for doing EXACTLY the same thing he did. The hypocrisy is the issue.
Actually, it's not the same thing as Iraq, which is what I assume you're talking about. It's not even close, either in terms of "justification", level of US involvement, level of Allied involvement, or the ultimate goal.
Well, as I understand it, both "approved" US military involvement without approval from congress. The level of involvement and "justification" aren't relevant, the end result is the same. Bombing a foreign nation. As for ultimate goal...removing a dictator from power, all the while protecting the people under that dictator. Isn't that what both administrations have told us? So how is it really that much different? Right or wrong, our president decided to take action and did it in both cases.

All that aside, you gave a theory about why people are bitching about Obama's actions. I gave an alternative theory, which seems to hit closer to the mark for many people.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Mexican Barney Frank said:
Sadly, Most liberals (even the ones on here) are just rooting and supporting the (D) and when election time comes, will be voting that way. All the cries from the left when Bush was in office about how he was destroying this country, was only putting on an act like they gave a damm about the US, when in truth, your just rooting for the democrats like you do your donkeys, and, currently, they both suck.
That's just
. If I vote Democratic next time, it will be because the far right is more dangerous than the Democrats, in my opinion, and the far right has hijacked the Republican party.

So that doesn't leave much of a choice for me as to which party's candidates to support.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Mexican Barney Frank said:
Sadly, Most liberals (even the ones on here) are just rooting and supporting the (D) and when election time comes, will be voting that way. All the cries from the left when Bush was in office about how he was destroying this country, was only putting on an act like they gave a damm about the US, when in truth, your just rooting for the democrats like you do your donkeys, and, currently, they both suck.
That's just
. If I vote Democratic next time, it will be because the far right is more dangerous than the Democrats, in my opinion, and the far right has hijacked the Republican party.

So that doesn't leave much of a choice for me as to which party's candidates to support.
Thats right, because we all know, spending 500 billion a year into the red, is a lot worse than spending 1.5 trillion into the red. No wonder our school systems suck, liberals in education don't know math.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
sswan said:
Count me among these. There was a golden moment to topple a tyrant and transform the Middle East. And he's the guy who could have pulled it off and become the historic president that you hoped for when you voted for him in Nov 08.
This is one area I agreed with Obama about. I sure as hell don't want the responsibility with man power, or money in rebuilding another country.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts