Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys might like to see the Bluefin Tuna we got on the 9th of July. Fishing in the 18th annual Ocean City Tuna Open. Started fishing at 8:00 am on the 9th got done getting the lines in the waterat 8:10am and by the time the last one was in we had a hit on one of the outside lines. While clearing the other lines out of the way a 2nd line started running out like crazy. Lost about 100 yards of line before getting it under control. My father was working on the first fish and about 10 minutes later he had a nice 60 lb Bluefine tuna next to the boat. I was working the other line and about 15 minutes later we had a bigger 97.5lb Blue in the boat. Because we could only weigh one Blue we released the other on unharmed to get nice and fat for next year. After getting the Blue in the boat we moved the boat to another area and landed another 4 Yellowfin Tuna 20-25lbs each. Over all a good weekend of fishing. Landed in 16th place out of 100 or so boats. If the yellow fin would of been to size and the large blue we got on Sunday we would of been in the money. Had to be over 30 bls to weigh.

oh well whats $100k anyways.

here are two phots from our trip.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/campingkids/OceanCityMDTuna2005.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/campingkids/GettingReadyOC05.jpg

ps

I am the one behind the two kids(my 2 kids)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tourney break out is
Entry 850

Calcuttas A 200
B 300
C 500
D 1000

Fuel Day 1 300
Day 2 300

Bait/Ice 100

TOTAL $ 3550/6 = $600 a person.
The Calcuttas are different betting pools you can get into like single biggest fish and others of the like. $600.00 for two great days of fishing with my brother and father. The bonus is that it is my fathers boat and over the years they have fished it this was the best they had placed. Next year hopefully we will do better. It was my first year with them and I plan to try and make it out again.

JT

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Sweet...ive never done any real bluewater stuff, but it looks like fun...plus yellowfin..now thats premium table fare....

cool pics! thanks for sharing :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts