Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Officer's Gulch in about 5 to 6 FOW. Didn't want to cut any more holes or go out any farther due to only 2" of ice. Ice was hard and covered by about 5" of snow. After about an hour, ice start to sag...lot of water on top of holes. So we headed out. Ice will probably be "safe" next week if the weather stays the same.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Caught a bunch. Was suprised by the number of rainbows. We usually catch mostly brookies but yesterday was half and half. Used the typical jigs tipped with waxies. Great place for kids (when the ice gets better).

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
fishinJJ said:
Fished Officer's Gulch in about 5 to 6 FOW. Didn't want to cut any more holes or go out any farther due to only 2" of ice. Ice was hard and covered by about 5" of snow. After about an hour, ice start to sag...lot of water on top of holes. So we headed out. Ice will probably be "safe" next week if the weather stays the same.
For some reason, there's always water on top of the holes there. Strange.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was there on Sunday. Fished in about 9 ft of water and caught @15 rainbows and brookies. I only stayed about an hour and a half. I got a little sketchy with the sagging ice and 3 inches of water on the the ice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts