Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$4.00/gal coming soon to a gas station near you. Paid $3.30/gal for midgrade on Monday.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
The reasons that the "speculators" use to raise prices is ridiculous. First it was a "shortage"...then Egypt...and now Libya. Those c*********s...they just want their billion dollar profits while the poor folks struggle to afford to drive to work.

·
Banned
3,879 Posts
Koldkut said:
I don't think it will last long....when folks can't afford it, they can't afford for us to not afford it.
x2

Too many Americans worry about what will happen to their way of life when the oil runs out, if it ever does...We'll be fine...

Imagine what will happen to oil producing countries if it ever does dry up...there will be complete and utter choas because that is their sole source of revenue...

They are trying to get it out of the ground as quick as we want to buy it...

I cant wait to pick up my new Dodge next week.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
mogul buster said:
The reasons that the "speculators" use to raise prices is ridiculous. First it was a "shortage"...then Egypt...and now Libya. Those c*********s...they just want their billion dollar profits while the poor folks struggle to afford to drive to work.
I though President Carter and his Department of Energy was suppose to keep this from happening! :eek:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
What pisses me off is that when the cost gof the barrel goes up today, the price follows right now. The issue is that the gas in the tank at the station during the price increase has already been paid for at a lower cost? ??? Is that correct?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
baetisrun1 said:
What pisses me off is that when the cost gof the barrel goes up today, the price follows right now. The issue is that the gas in the tank at the station during the price increase has already been paid for at a lower cost? ??? Is that correct?
Yeah, but what is the cost of replacing what's there....

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Blowfish said:
mogul buster said:
I though President Carter and his Department of Energy was suppose to keep this from happening! :eek:
Yeah, poor ole Jimmy had it figured out, BUT THEN Ronnie RAYGUN took over and trashed all of Carters policies on energy for the betterment of a free market for all his buddies in the BIG OIL INDUSTRIES... (remeber his "profit is not a dirty word" speech?
RAYGUN also trashed all the incentives for alternative energy exploration (solar, wind, thermal)as well and diverted those funds to his "strategic defense initiative" so we could pinpoint our enemies from a satellite and blow them (laser) away. Worked out good, didn't it? Now, 20+ years later.... we pay!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Koldkut said:
baetisrun1 said:
Yeah, but what is the cost of replacing what's there....
OK. So if the cost of oil drops by $.30 a barrel, how long untill we the end users see the cost go down? I don't know for sure, but my guess it more than a day! Why?

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
If everyone lowers demand like we did last time, the price will drop... PERIOD. I like when this happens... Sucks in the immediate, but it makes us be more consious of using gas... and forces our hand in the alternative energy fields. We need to learn to rely less on oil... higher oil prices promotes that. I can live with that.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
It just makes me sick when I think about the fact that WE should have learned our lesson 30+ years ago..... BUT NO!

Someone is making a killing off all this and it ain't the cunsumer. I mean if Exon could get a 2.5 million tax refund last year..... WTF?

They sure ain't building any new refineries (with thier massive profits)are they?
Well, as it is stated... "you gotta pay to play"

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
hummus cannonball said:
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for recently purchasing a full-size truck. My bad.
I'm not sorry for my gas guzzler! Even if I do have to get a 2nd job to fill the tank! ;D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts