Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
I've never gone for or caught a catfish before, I think I might have to give it a try. Anybody got a link to either a post here or a site that is very informative of how to rig up for catfish? I know pretty much to use either really stinky bait or cutbait and circle hooks, but I dunno whether to put it under a bobber, or just let it sit off the bottom or what? Thanks guys :)

Also, are cats like bass/sunfish and have nasty spines?

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ok, first off, Ken, thanks for the great site! Not only have I had fun and learned things, but you have helped kindle my love for fishing even more with this place. You may have to deal with my wife since now whenever I am "missing" she knows I am fishing.

Second, if you are handling catfish, be carful of the barbs. They can hurt like heck. My brother in law's dad got hit with one in the leg and it got pretty infected and was very painful.

Well, I went out again and got a 28" cat on a jig again. No camera but next time the wife says she will drive out and play photographer so you guys will believe me. ;D

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ohh and I just signed up for the magazine. I can't wait to get it!!!!

· Registered
4,780 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
Derajaman said:
Fort Collins ;D
I don't have a retailer up there yet, but if you sign up for the bill me option at http://www.coloradofisherman.com/magazine.php you'll get the first issue before you get the bill. If you don't like it, just write cancel on the bill and mail it back to us. But, I am confident that won't happen. :)
Some possibilities on the north front range might be JAX and Discount Fishing Tackle, both in Ft. Collins, and Bennett's Tackle in Berthoud.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.