Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on fishing Granby this coming weekend and was wondering how to interpret the new regulations so I'm appealing to you to share your recent knowledge.

My question is it the limit 4 lake trout plus four others, or is it 4 trout total of which it can be 4 lake trout?

Thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
its 4+4 but please dont kill any fish larger then 20" these can turn into our breeders. from what I've been seeing we donot have much for new year classes coming on. so when we run out of these fish granby will not be such a good lake trout fishery and will become over populated with suckers.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - that's how I interpretted as well.

Due consideration for large fish is always given though a sub 20" laker is not really worth taking IMO.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew my 'small mack' statement would draw some comments! ;) :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
the 4 17" to 19" that i kept saturday were pretty healthy fish and tasted real good ;D

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Lakers taste very good when they are under about 22", and very bad when above that.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
afishman said:
the 4 17" to 19" that i kept saturday were pretty healthy fish and tasted real good ;D
I ate mine tonight and Im not a fish eater... but they tasted pretty good for fish.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Daily 4 trout total, possession 8 trout total. Trout include Rainbow, brook, brown, golden, cuttroat, and lake trout.
You can not keep 4 lake trout and 4 rainbows in one day. 2 lake trout and 2 rainbows ok, or any combo, up to 4 trout.
Take Care

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So let me get this straight: the consensus is 4 lakers plus 4 other trout in one day? 8 possession? Seems to be what Bernie the Granby expert is implying as well.

Lots of legalese.

D

·
0 Posts
Bernie is right on all counts.  It's 4 lake trout + 4  trout of other species daily.  

But please release the lake trout over 20" for the future!  

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Kinda funny since a lake trout is not a trout at all. Its part of the char family. Maybe thats why its 4 macs + 4 trout.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
Kinda funny since a lake trout is not a trout at all. Its part of the char family. Maybe thats why its 4 macs + 4 trout.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
Thats true Jay but that does not make it true with the 4 trout statewide regulation, its a special regulation for lakers at Granby. Other lakes have their own regulations on Lake trout and if they dont it falls into the trout regulation of 4.
Here is where it gets complicated:
Regulation -
TROUT, ARCTIC CHAR,
GRAYLING, SALMON (except kokanee)
In aggregate*.................................................Daily Bag: 4, Possession: 8
Then -
BROOK TROUT, in addition to above
8 inches or less statewide ..................................................10
So does that mean you can have 4 species of trout plus 10 brookies or do brookies count in the count of 4 trout but you can catch more brookies. Hrmmm.

D

·
0 Posts
ePiC said:
So does that mean you can have 4 species of trout plus 10 brookies or do brookies count in the count of 4 trout but you can catch more brookies.  Hrmmm.
It's not that hard. You can keep 10 brook trout of 8" or less in addition to your 4 trout daily bag limit. The other 4 trout can be any species.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Sounds good to me. :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts