Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AO and Z-man are gonna fish at night for big eyes. Thats waht Z told me anyway--

I'm not much in the mood to ice fish when it's cold outside. Been icing 3 times and barely needed gloves.

That said I'm planning on a Monday excursion to local waters. Plan on fishing or searching from 7am till 6pm.

Who's going where?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Think my eye spot might be ready by Saturday night but I'm not gonna night fish when it's the f'n cold!!! Somewhere Sunday morning before the game -- maybe go chase some cats under the ice!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
No where

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hell if I know. Was supposed to go ice today but had to stay home with my youngest. Might go see what's up with rampart Sunday. It's supposed to be stupid cold Saturday.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Gonna warm up my old bones by the chimney. ;)

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Heading out to South Park in the morning. Hopefully I'll catch something after 7 years of not ice fishing.

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
AO and Z-man are gonna fish at night for big eyes. Thats waht Z told me anyway--
Nope it was going to be early this morning...an intown daytime walleye spot to say goodbye to denver open water...I have a coworker that jogs by it on a daily basis...I found out yesterday afternoon from him that it was froze up on Thursday when he went for a run...a victim of Wednesday night's temperature dip...drat the luck...first the deck now the freeze...oh well...easy come easy go...watching movies...

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Nope it was going to be early this morning...an intown daytime walleye spot to say goodbye to denver open water...I have a coworker that jogs by it on a daily basis...I found out yesterday afternoon from him that it was froze up on Thursday when he went for a run...a victim of Wednesday night's temperature dip...drat the luck...first the deck now the freeze...oh well...easy come easy go...watching movies...
Throw rocks and open it up.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I went to a foco spot yesterday, trying to chase perch and eyes with bladebaits. Got into nothing but lousy shitty slimers. If I go anywhere this weekend it's with my boy so it'll be easy access where if it gets too cold we can go in the car (Boyd/Barbour) . After this freeze this weekend the options will be all over the place. Next Friday I'm thinking further north and Saturday if it stays firm... that overpriced puddle east of town. I got 9 days off after xmas so I might go really Far East like Nebraska or something. Always wanted to fish the i-80 ponds east of north platte.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Dave,

Should've gone to Barbour. It was -2 when we hit the ice at 9am but was a lot of fun.

I'll let you know next time I go. I had my Quickfish 3 with a heater and chairs for the kids. We didn't fish inside, just used it as a hot house for the kids.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Gonna walk into rampart tomorrow morning. I don't feel like messing with ice so if it isn't locked up I'll probably stay. If not I'll bounce out and drive down to the Arkansas and mess around

1 - 20 of 23 Posts