Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with Okuma Reels? I am in need of a new baitcaster and have been looknig at the Nemesis model. They look pretty nice for the money and I have read nothing but good reviews about them but was also interested in some first hand experience. The other reel I am considering is a Diawa Procaster 100H.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am on my second one of them. but they are both spinners.... I don't have any exp. with their baitcasters.

my first was the cheapest one they make. (I think) it was the Hydro HD30. I worked out great till it was steped on it and bent the guide rod that the darg setting screws into. I had it for two years and untill it got stepped on it worked great. I am thinking of getting another... only like 30 bucks after shipping ->online. as I can't find a dealer here in town that has em.... seems the hydro 30 is just to low end for em to stock.

well I got a alumina-40 to replace it.  I really like it.  light for it's size, although it is just a tad bigger than the 30, smooth, and I felt a good buy for the money. It is not that big though.

I may not be the most experinced with diffrent reels but these are nice IMO. I guess the people at okuma have been making other brands reels. Now they make their own, under their own brand and still make some others as I understand it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have an Okuma Sierra 5/6 fly reel. It is my first fly reel, so I do not have naything to compair it to, but the guys I fish with (all VERY accomplished fly fishermen with expensive gear) seem to be impressed. I really like the disk drag...very nice!
left_turn56

1 - 4 of 4 Posts