Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong. I can't stand the guy!!!!!! And if he ran out of the building on fire, I wouldn't take the time to piss on him ;D But what did he do wrong?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101105/bs_yblog_upshot/msnbc-suspends-olbermann-over-political-contributions

He is no more a journalist than say Glenn Beck? People who watch either are basiclly hearing what they want to hear on that side of the extreme. These are not News shows!!

He or anyone else should be allowed to make contributions to whatever candidate they want ??? He may be a little hyprocritical! But this is supposed to be America. Isn't that his right ???

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
ha ha ha haaa haa haa haha Its ok nobody watched him anyways.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
The difference is that MSNBC has a policy prohibiting donations to candidates. Fox doesn't have such a policy.

"NBC News prohibits its employees from working on, or donating to, political campaigns unless a special exception is granted by the news division president - effectively a ban. Olbermann's bosses did not find out about the donations until after they were made."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/entertainment/25647064/detail.html

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
The difference is that MSNBC has a policy prohibiting donations to candidates. Fox doesn't have such a policy.

"NBC News prohibits its employees from working on, or donating to, political campaigns unless a special exception is granted by the news division president - effectively a ban. Olbermann's bosses did not find out about the donations until after they were made."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/entertainment/25647064/detail.html
That may be to give the illusion of nonbias, but who do they think they are kidding?

I guess if he broke a specific rule of employment, then he really has no grounds to dispute the decision?

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Neal/CO said:
I guess if he broke a specific rule of employment, then he really has no grounds to dispute the decision?
I don't see that he has anything to complain about. I'm sure he knew the policy.

Personally, I like the guy. I don't watch that much TV "news" and there was no question that he had a particulat "viewpoint", but I have generally agreed with his take on the issues. Not always, but usually.

I liked him better when he was doing sports. :D

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neal/CO said:
I don't see that he has anything to complain about. I'm sure he knew the policy.

Personally, I like the guy. I don't watch that much TV "news" and there was no question that he had a particulat "viewpoint", but I have generally agreed with his take on the issues. Not always, but usually.

I liked him better when he was doing sports. :D
He was great at ESPN. He was pretty funny!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Neal/CO said:
I agree. In the context of sports his sort of humor worked. In the context of politics it doesn't work most of the time.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Neal/CO said:
I agree. In the context of sports his sort of humor worked. In the context of politics it doesn't work most of the time.
I loved him on Sportscenter, haven't been able to listen to him since he left

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
IceInTheVeins. said:
Nobody likes Keith Overbite and countdown to no ratings. He's scum.
That's not true. Lots of people like him. I'm one of them. He's not "scum", he's just someone with an opinion different from yours.

It's hyperbole like that that makes you, your opinions, and your ilk irrelevant to any serious political discussion.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
IceInTheVeins. said:
Nobody likes Keith Overbite and countdown to no ratings. He's scum.
That's not true. Lots of people like him. I'm one of them. He's not "scum", he's just someone with an opinion different from yours.
If not liking him because his opinion 95% of the time involves name calling and using the race card, then yes, I don't like him because of his differing opinion. It's hyperbole like him that creates further division in this country. This is what makes him, and his fans who approve of his message irrelevant to anything serious.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Congratulations, Barney/Green Thumb! With that post you just graduated from the University of Self-Marginalization. We knew you were on the way, we just didn't realize it would happen so soon.

·
Registered
910 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish says
hyperbole like Olberman used is what that makes him, his opinions, and his ilk irrelevant to any serious political discussion.
hmmmmmm

1 - 20 of 41 Posts