Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berkley has gone back to the old thin style Power minnows ;D ;D ;D My all time favorite walleye lure that is not a jerkbait. I bought four bags tonight at BPS.

I use to carry two jigging rods. One with a 1/4 oz Kroc and one with a Power Minnow during the spring. Once they switched to the fatter style(no action) Gulp and Power minnows I mostly snap jigged the spoon. Although the larger 5" Jerkshad is still a great fall bait. If you are just slowly dancing the Gulp bait in front of a fish snout? Then scent might matter. The old style Power minnow had a perfect glide and undulation when snapped off the bottom on a 1/4 oz Darter head. Walleye's, trout and smallies would just engulf them!!! Then Berkley had to go and "improve them" :mad:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Those, along with the 4" power worms and the 2" (discontinued) BLACK trout worms, were the best baits Berkley ever made. I pretty much despise Pure Fishing (we called them "Pure Shipping" because of all the trash that they would send the store) but those minnows are legit. Thanks for the heads up!

cheers!

SS

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
swimbait said:
Those, along with the 4" power worms and the 2" (discontinued) BLACK trout worms, were the best baits Berkley ever made. I pretty much despise Pure Fishing (we called them "Pure Shipping" because of all the trash that they would send the store) but those minnows are legit. Thanks for the heads up!

cheers!

SS

They lok like the old formula? I hope to test them out today or tommorrow at one of my Saugeye holes!!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Neal/CO said:
swimbait said:

cheers!

SS

They lok like the old formula? I hope to test them out today or tommorrow at one of my Saugeye holes!!
The softer ones???!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are longer and thinner and have alot more action when snapped off the bottom. The new power minnows sucked when jigged. At least the Gulp minnows had an effective scent!! When you are snap jigging scent really doesn't matter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts