Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an old trolling motor on the cheap.  I've currently got a really old one with about 12 lbs thrust, and I'm hoping to find one with something closer to 20-30.  Free would be great, but we can talk. It doesn't even necessarily have to be in working condition (I will fix).

I am also looking for an 8" hand auger, preferrably a Mora or Lazer model.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have an eskimo 8" auger used only a couple times. 1st time out bent the handle all up. The blades and auger part are fine. You seem to be handy, something could be done to make it work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a 8" Eskimo I will sell used one season and three times this year and also have new blades to put on it. Will sell for $30.00 I am buying a power auger.

Tight Lines and Bent Rods!
Grizz

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had a salary snafu to start the new year, so no expendable cash for three weeks.  If you can find other buyers, you should sell to them.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be cool.... but....NO. It does sound cool, though... possitively dangerous, but cool. Actually, I want/need a more powerful trolling motor to push my canoe around a little faster in order to fight the wind a little better in the summer. The 8" auger is just because that fat rainbow that Trout caught at 11mile made me think twice about a 6" hole. Plus, now I've got a transducer in the hole, too, so I would like a little more room.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cutthroat said:
That would be cool.... but....NO. It does sound cool, though... possitively dangerous, but cool.

That's not dangerous. Dangerous would be removing the "body" of a gas lawn mower and turning it into an auger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts