Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to gross with the guys again and tore it up, bite really wasnt on till 1030 or so. fish cought between 40-85fow again but most were dinks, untill 2 suprises. the ice was really makin noise and holdin steady at 8 inches with a little skim layer of snow on top, didnt help 2 of us fallin today even with cleats on. i will let the pics explain the rest

headed out on the ice

a few colorfiull dinks

victors biggest fish of his life

[/URL]

and finally tims football rainbow

[URL=http://img87.imageshack.us/i/20110308161124.jpg/][img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7743/20110308161124.jpg

Tight Lines.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea the ice has been expanding and 4-5inch cracks are starting to form, the ice is pushing up on shore as well. thats totally fine, just gotta wait till it gets full to launch a boat LOL. i think its a non motorize lake, not sure though.

i just dont know where to fish it for trout sense its so deep. i guess just find out where they are suspended unless the inlet is shallow, :)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice work gills/guys!!! That Mac is sweet..

D.J.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Nice fish, guys. Yeah, don't dare tell on where there might be macks... man, those TU guys are all now convinced that the Lake Trout is the worst thing that ever happened to rainbow and brown trout... or kokanee...

Let them meet some out of state fishermen who seem to believe bag and possession limit is a 'daily' thing... and yeah, I'm talking specifically about Blue Mesa and kokes...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Gross was tough on me yesterday!

I was getting alot of bytes and hooked up a couple times and only got one to the top and through the hole! I lost my composure yesterday! When we where there last friday i was hammering. I even tried different baits, tube jigs And every thing else. Oh well! Always another day!

Benson.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mike17 said:
How big is victors laker?? saw it on facebook :)
'm not really sure how big it was! My guess is around 27" When he got it out his father was video taping and I accidently said holy Chit! My apology if your reading this Victor. I snapped a couple pics and and forwarded them to Grumpie and he posted them! Victor and his father immediately whent right back to fishing! I don't know Victor, But he's a really great kid. Met him on the ice right as he caught that laker! He was over whelmed with joy!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts