Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out tonight after work. I fished for two hours walking around the rocks tossing and loosing lures, rocks eat way too many of my lures but that where the fish are. I had one bite and one fish but he was a nice healthy 19 in milting male. I tossed that grub for an hour and wondered if I made it glow if it would work. About 40 casts later I caught him so still undecided if glo is for the fisherman or the fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
That thing was wide. It was bright enough that I don't think the glow mattered. On one of my jerk baits the body is fairly reflective and rotates so much in its wobble that it almost does barrel rolls with a slow retrieve... I could see the flash reflecting off of the turbid water particles 5-6" off to the sides.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
One of my best nights ever was tossing a glow sassy shad jig at Angostura in SD. 20 fish night. Here tho, they don't seem to work as well. This time of year, you get fish that come in and out of those rocks. Nothing for two hrs then 2 fish in a row then nuttin.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've had good luck with glow in the dark lures while ice fishing. Haven't really tried them in open water before...hmmm..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts