Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Wyoming for some big trout on Halloween. My hope has always been to get a big brown trout, but it has got to the point where I know I am just going to get one or two 5-7 pound rainbows instead. As of now, that has been an acceptable consolation, especially because I got what were maybe my two biggest.

Yes, that is a tootsie pop in my mouth....had to keep the spirit of the holiday somehow.

This was the second big one, just under 24 inches. Not a great picture, definitely doesn't look that size. Also got some 18-20 inch fish. It was a fun trip, but I have a bad feeling it will be the last fish I catch for quite some time.........:(

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Good job, man. A male and a female. I know that rock. Ill be there in 5 days.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Nice trouts!!! Why no more fishin?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice trouts!!! Why no more fishin?
I will surely fish a couple of times in November, but I don't think I am going to get back up to Wyoming. Wherever and whatever I will be fishing for I won't be super confident in my ability to actually catch fish. Then December and January will roll in and I'm sure as hell not going to ice fish....at least I hope it doesn't come to that....:)

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I see... It took me a long time to warm up to ice fishing, but I'm glad I did... Between fly fishing and ice fishing, the winter is a bit better. Your ability to catch fish in the winter should be no less than any other time, if you put yourself in the right place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts