Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If for some reason you were taken to an unknown fishing destination and could only bring one lure what would it be .......???

for me it would be a plain old floating rapala or a silver kastmaster

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
That is a hard question and deserves some hard thinking.

[3 seconds of hard thinking...] [end of attention span...]

I think I would choose a medium size Dardevle spoon in the classic red and white pattern. I have caught more fish, and more different kinds of fish, on one of those than just about anything else in my tackle box.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Rooster Tail

Silver blade, black body, black tail with few yellow hairs in the mix... 1/8 oz. is all I need.

If it was a survival situation, I think it'd be easier to catch 4 to 5 averaged or even small sized fish compared to getting a trophy sized fish.  ;D

1eyeReD

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
1 lure for every thing cold or warm would have to be a marabu jig

if it was just for trout a yellow/silver blade panther

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
If you asked me before I moved to Colorado I would of said a beetle spin, but since I moved here I have yet to catch something on one, even though I still throw it off and on. Guitars you said 1 then you picked 2 your a nugget.

I'd gave to agree with Walking Eagle a medium Daredevil, red and white. I have caught bass, pike, trout, crappie, gars, 1 catfish, and snagged a couple carp with that lure. My parents would buy them by the gross when I was growing up and I would just cast and return for hours on end.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Another vote for a red and white Dardevle:

(I might even put some hooks on it) ;)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Medium sized Kastmaster in the green and orange with black spots pattern. I have caught lots of trout, some bass, crappie, bluegill and even one cat with that castmaster.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well, based off this year, I would have to say my deep diving silver and blue rapala! Caught walleyes, bass and trout on it. All good size.

Based off lifetime, an old silver rapala I have. The thing is the go to lure. I cast that every timme I go out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mustang said:
silver kastmaster, hands down
Not to hijack this thread, but, I will be darned if I have ever caught anything with a kastmaster. I think I am the only person in the world never to get a fish on one.... :-\

ok, back to regularly scheduled thread.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zias said:
Mustang said:
silver kastmaster, hands down
Not to hijack this thread, but, I will be darned if I have ever caught anything with a kastmaster.  I think I am the only person in the world never to get a fish on one....   :-\

ok, back to regularly scheduled thread. 
i first used a kasty when i was like 13 at a trout farm, cuz we never used them back in houston, from that point on i always had some in my box, if ive never fished somewhere before its the first thing ill tie on

keep tryin man, anything will hit them

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
fishingkats said:
one shiny gold hook
Then you can catch the big ones like I did at Chatfield.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts