Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
until winter is DONE, in season.

so hopefully that will mean one month until the lid comes off all the lakes here in the metro area... and 2 months until certain impoundments get free as well. yaaaay!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have sorta mixed feelings on this thought. I really really really like the open water, but I really really really like the ice too. Nothing like getting over that exact spot you were looking for and no wind or waves to push you off.

Fishing is a blast no matter what the season is. But it will be nice to be able to go out though without putting on 190 layers of crap to stay warm!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Ice sucks!! Sh!t needs to melt

Open water is where it is at

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Open water fished the last two days, man does my jigging rod seem huge compared to the ice rods. Can't wait to get my boat back on the water, dying actually!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
clint walker said:
I'm happy either way. I love both kinds of fishing and when it's inbetween, I just hit the streams :) I wouldn't mind seeing my driveway again though, it's been covered in snow since november so it will be nice to see some ground that's not all white :D I think I have about a foot of snow in the yard right now and it's not melting away
You could lose Jack in all that snow!

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EyeHunter27 said:
Open water fished the last two days, man does my jigging rod seem huge compared to the ice rods. Can't wait to get my boat back on the water, dying actually!
where did you open water fish?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
clint walker said:
hurltim said:
clint walker said:
I'm happy either way. I love both kinds of fishing and when it's inbetween, I just hit the streams :) I wouldn't mind seeing my driveway again though, it's been covered in snow since november so it will be nice to see some ground that's not all white :D I think I have about a foot of snow in the yard right now and it's not melting away
You could lose Jack in all that snow!
he was running lightning speed earlier and hit a drift. threw him up in the air a little :D :D :D
ROTFLMAO!!!! Poor little Jack. He is a wildman. ;D

·
Registered
177 Posts
LAKESTER said:

so hopefully that will mean one month until the lid comes off all the lakes here in the metro area... and 2 months until certain impoundments get free as well. yaaaay!

Hahahahah, if you're talking about Jefferson I was ice fishing it in mid MAY last year (on 3' of ice)

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Foldem said:
LAKESTER said:

Hahahahah, if you're talking about Jefferson I was ice fishing it in mid MAY last year (on 3' of ice)
nah, i know jefferson dosen't thaw out until june.

I'm hoping at least georgetown thaws out by may.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
After Granby, I'm looking to open water as well. I think I may learn how to fly fish real quick and hit up lots of rivers, streams and creeks until it really opens up. Ice fishing is a brutal sport.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts