Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
From my experience and talking with others tigers here are spookier than true muskies. I've never had one follow a figure eight. They always seem to turn away at first sight of the boat. That's not to say don't figure eight....you never know when one of these guys are trailing deep and a turn at the boat might bring it up for a strike.

Probably the best approach is to create some sort of change in your retrieve away from the boat or shore, before they get a chance to see you. I'll often retrieve a bucktail way to one side as it gets closer, then completely switch to the other side and make a quick shift in its direction. Hasn't worked yet for me, but seems it might!

· Registered
24 Posts
Tim-COS that's a great idea! One I've been pondering for a while. I was actually thinking of painting a tree-lined scene with dark skies...trick them into thinking a cold front is moving in. But then again there aren't so many tree-lined shores in Colorado so that would be more for Canada. How about fabric you can drape over the side of the boat that matches the area you're in....could do tumbleweed for plains lakes and mountains for mountain lakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.