Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Donated $40 worth of Shadow Raps to the rocks last night and rolled my ankle pretty good on the rocks. The bite was pretty slow, ended up catching 2 not worth digging my phone out for pictures (12 & 14"). I think that's it for my night time walleye fishing on the westslope!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just gotta hang in there, it happens to a lot more guys than you might think during the night shift. Just when you think you have lost your mind is usually when you get a big bite.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Just gotta hang in there, it happens to a lot more guys than you might think during the night shift. Just when you think you have lost your mind is usually when you get a big bite.
Yep. Don't be disillusioned by the reports from the guys that are pretty much walleye studmuffins. It can be hard. A good way for me to avoid losing lures at places like chatty, especially right now cuz it's so low, had been to wear my waders and wade in a bit. Sometimes they're so damn close that wading isn't really an option so that's when I use those cheap paddletail storm swimbaits. They work well and are top hook so they are less snag-prone.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Shadow raps rock! But I hate to lose a $8 lure. :mad: Turns out that those walleye will also bite a cheapo twister tail on a lead jig head. You'll still lose a few but it does't hurt nearly so bad. 8). (Thanks again to Looney for that tip). Try a lighter head and it sinks down more slowly so you spend more time in the strike zone. Back to shadow rap, I lost a few until I found the one that was right for the depth I was trying to fish. After that, game on.:smile:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I was hoping to see some walleye pictures... Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping to see some walleye pictures... Hang in there.
It's hands down some of the most frustrating fishing I've ever done! At least I'm starting to catch them I suppose, be nice to see some size though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts