Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got out to the fishing grounds with about an hour of daylight left and fished straight through til 10pm or so. I was planning on getting rained on but it never came. I started out with a white shadow rap and got two really small smallies. Once it got dark I threw on a husky jerk 14(pretty sure it's a 14, it's the biggest one they sell) and got to work. I landed three eyes(and missed one), two of which were easily over 20inches. Check out the video and pics. I didn't measure them but I cut a piece of string the length of the fish. I'm hoping to measure the string once i can get ahold of my roomys tape measure just to see what's what. I need to buy one that's good for fishing and start carrying it. I never seem to catch walleye here until a few hours of darkness have passed. (except for that one time in the rain)They were all super tight to the shore- basically casting parallel seemed to do the job. Had an awesome night. Gonna be back out tomorrow probably trying to get one on a swimbait. I keep inching closer and closer to that 25inch mark.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_ql370BEQ

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice job! I can't believe youre chucking those eyes back.a walleye in my boat is doomed to the frying pan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
Jealous!
Home Depot has 6' hex brand keychain tape measures for $0.99
Walmart has 3' Stanley keychain tape measure for $1.49
Both are great for fishing imho.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
You definitely need a tape measure. That first one looks over 20" "for sure." Good outing regardless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts