Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Online Shopping?

3K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  jdferguson 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Cabela's, is the place for the majority of stuff. I have never had any problems. The web is very easy to surf, and with real time inventory you know if the have it or not. Unlike Bass Pro Shop I have ran into problems with receiving my product on time when they say that they have it. I love www.flyshack.com for my fly fishing needs, cheap and free shipping on orders over $25.00. They tie some really good stuff, very high quality.

#5 ·
I've never heard of GoFishing.com but!:

I have ordered from both Cabelas and BassPro, and there's a HUGE difference.

An on-line order from Cabelas will often arrive within a few days, especially if you order on a weekend.

BassPro, on the other hand, is one of the slowest outfits to order from, often taking 2 weeks or even longer to deliver on an on-line order.

Also, I've even e-mailed BassPro to tell them about the problem of slow order processing, and they never even bothered to answer back, which guarantees, they'll never get more of my business. Heck, don't take my word for it though. Do a test: order two identical items on a weekend from both, so that the orders are not processed till Monday or Tuesday, and watch how long it takes BassPro to deliver.

#7 ·
I hate to complain about Bass Pro Shops. I know they help support this site, and I appreciate that. However, they have never sent me a full order. Twice I ordered a hat from them. It didn't come. I finaly got a card in the mail. Saying that it was still backordered, but should be in w/in 30 days. No hat. Then a sale catalog came out. It showed some bomber cranks 1/2 off, and my hat at 2 for $15. I'm still waiting on the hats. Although I like the cranks, I looked in their angler's catalog, and they were always that price. The 3 orders I placed so far this season, have taken 6 differant mailings. That has to cost them on shipping. As long as they help this site, I'm sure I'll continue to give them buisness, but they need to improve their custamer service, and try to keep their stock updated.

#9 ·
I order primarily from Cabela's, but have also placed a few orders at Basspro Shops. I have not had any of the problems mentioned about Basspro, however, and my orders came through just fine.

#11 ·
Dan said:
I rarely order online, my wife is too aware about how much I spend when packages come in the mail from places like Cabelas and BassPro Shops. So I do most of my purchases by cash, less questions asked if it comes out of my pocket money.

Dan
That's why I have most of my stuff shipped to my work address :D The only problem with this is that, after a while, the guys see a rod tube or a package with Cabela's written on it which they recognize as fishing gear. Now I have to hunt down the package and figure out which office they hid it in this time...

#18 ·
Bass Pro is opening up a shop in Denver also. I am not so sure about the Cabela's.

I work for Reynolds Polymer and we make all the acrylic for the really big aquariums all over the world and we have the contracts for all the new Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's.

I haven't seen anything come across my desk for a Cabela's in Denver but today I am shipping the acrylic for the tank in the new Cabela's in Salt Lake City. Later this year, we will be shipping to the BPS in Denver.

#19 ·
I order every couple of weeks from either Cabelas or Bass Pro. I (knock on wood) have never had a problem with either store.

I have also ordered stuff from LL Bean, who, in my opinion do take forever and a day, but it's probably because they are so far away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.