Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Highlands Ranch, but man does the drive to 11-mile seem to take forever. I'd like to say the fishing has picked up, but I'd be lying. Beautiful day, no wind, but damn was it cold!

Temp when I left the car, explain to me again why I do this ???

There were more people there than I thought there would be, I guess they were all itching to get out like I was.

Fishing was SLOW! actually the fishing wasn't that bad, as every fish that came in, hit. But we didn't see many fish come through at all. Started out to the left of suckers cove (with everyone else) in 13ft of water. Saw 5 fish from 7-10:30. All hit, but very light. Decided to move to the right side of Suckers cove. Tried 3 depths, 6.5ft, 13ft., 19.5ft. saw 1 fish, in 2 & a half hours! Said screw this and traveled back to my old holes for the rest of the day.

actively jigged metal all day, 2 fish I caught (19.5 & 17in.) hit the dead stick, white tube & mealie.

Warmed up to probably 5-10 degrees at the most, when the sun went down behind the hill, got fricken cold again.

Temp when I left!

All & all, was a nice day, glad I finally got out!

Only fish picture worth taking, broiled with olive oil and lemon, tasted pretty good :thumb:

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Fished there Sat. and we caught quit a few. No winner between jigs and spoons. Did catch maybe 4-5 lbs pike which is my new PB through the ice. I can see myself targeting pike the few times I go there each year from here on out. Man can only catch so many BoBo's :) it's time to start heading to the lakes in the north and maybe Chatty if the metro gets ice this year.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
From Highlands Ranch, but man does the drive to 11-mile seem to take forever. I'd like to say the fishing has picked up, but I'd be lying. Beautiful day, no wind, but damn was it cold!

Temp when I left the car, explain to me again why I do this ???

There were more people there than I thought there would be, I guess they were all itching to get out like I was.

Fishing was SLOW! actually the fishing wasn't that bad, as every fish that came in, hit. But we didn't see many fish come through at all. Started out to the left of suckers cove (with everyone else) in 13ft of water. Saw 5 fish from 7-10:30. All hit, but very light. Decided to move to the right side of Suckers cove. Tried 3 depths, 6.5ft, 13ft., 19.5ft. saw 1 fish, in 2 & a half hours! Said screw this and traveled back to my old holes for the rest of the day.

actively jigged metal all day, 2 fish I caught (19.5 & 17in.) hit the dead stick, white tube & mealie.

Warmed up to probably 5-10 degrees at the most, when the sun went down behind the hill, got fricken cold again.

Temp when I left!

All & all, was a nice day, glad I finally got out!

Only fish picture worth taking, broiled with olive oil and lemon, tasted pretty good :thumb:
Nice meat pic.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Nice report. It is beyond me what the draw is to do that type of activity, but to each their own.

Come on spring and soft water!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Ahh come on, guys... Wait til you're shreddin' perch and crappie on metro waters... Then you'll be all about some ice. For the boatless angler, it is God's gift to mankind. Go anywhere on the lake, drill holes, rip f***in lips.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Metro ice is nice. Often-times in shirt sleeves no gloves.

Yeah Bob, I too am ready for some Powell, everything is gonna be 4-8 lbs!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
tailraces, super deep canyon reservoirs and power plant discharges, guys.....

never could figure out why people complain about not finding soft water to fish....

and good job dude! love the color on that fillet...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts