Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the lake around the 3:00 hour, ready to put in the vampire chronicles time and finish the season for Chatfield, but during the inspection, the inspector alerted me to the bad news that the lake would be closing at 6 P.M. (hell, the fishing doesn't get good till the 9-10 o'clock hour). I questioned him about the fact that the 1st wasn't till midnight, and he even tryed to help out by radioing his boss, who gave the same response. So a quick 3 hours later we head back into the boat landing, load the boat, and are ready to leave Chatfield for the season. Now get this. Just as we're ready to leave, a park ranger pulls up, and I figure they're there to start closing things down, but instead, I am told that we didn't have to leave till midnight. WTF. "Only at Chatfield!!!!!!!!" I told her what I had been told about the 6 closing time, and she apoligized for the confusion, but at this point we're already loaded. So anyway, I'm not really counting this as a skunk, even though we didn't get a hit in our short time on the water trolling the usual Rapala's. Good news for the ice fishing crowd though, as the water temp. is running at 35 degrees. Looking forward to some slabbing time with Byron and Mike at Peublo the next couple of weeks, where they know what time the gates open and close (LOL).

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
walleye seeker said:
we have fish here that go by bankers hours and bite in the heat of the day. see ya next week
I do love the fish there. They let us have a good breakfast at the Hen House first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts