Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to Ramprt Res. today to try the inlet. This was Grandpa Woody's favorite spot to go and its been 1 year since he passed away. Fishing might of been fun if the wind hadn't of been blowing 1000 miles an hour. Anyways didn't catch a fish, have any hits, and lost some hooks on the bottm. Tried Kastmaster, Krocidile, Woolly Bugger, worms, and PowerBait. Was gonna go try Twin Lakes Res. this morning for my last ice trip but cancelled that after hearing about the conditions at Elevenmile. Open water on the south shore and the ice is getting bad. Guess South Park is losing its ice early this year. :'( :'( :'( Last 2 years I was icing till mid-April. Guess I'll go try Twin Lakes and Forebay next week. The river calls tommorrow. It's been 50-60 degrees up here the past few days and barely freezing at night. Been putting new line on my summer rods. ;D

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Barely any snow compared to the usual. Only a little ice left on the north shore. Looked more like slush.

·
Registered
161 Posts
What a nice way to remember your grandpa and least you were able to get out and do some fishing even if you didn't catch anything. Definitely early ice off this year. We'll probably be fishing with the long poles this weekend with my dad.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They usually don't open for boats till mid-May. Check Colorado Springs Utilities website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts