Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open water started out nice. I caught one of the 3 best Browns I've ever caught, and it was the best I ever caught from my home lake. (yeah, I posted this before, but it fit nicely in this post ;D)

On a HD Trout

Took a couple skunks after that . . :(

Broke the skunk at this lake w/ a lone stocker trout,. It was bleeding, so I released it w/out photographing..

A short trip to my home lake, caught on both a Rapala, and a HD

Nice night

Took a trip out to my favorite river.

When I arrive at my first stop, there was still a lot of ice.. Most of it melted as I fished. great day to be out. Between the deeper holes still having a skimming of ice, and my lack of skills w/ the long rod, I only managed 2 Trout. (although 2 years ago, I woulda been stoked to get 2 a day on the flyrod.. :-\)

Can't wait to get back out flyfishing

Went out chasing Bass. Caught some Perch, just for action (using a Northland Slurpie tube)

1st Bass of 2011 (early March., was a nice one :)) Actually caught on plastic

Almost got a nice underwater shot of it..

Anyway, get out there and fish!

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
151 Posts
Amazing post with beautiful fish. Posts like yours inspires me to do mine with much more detail. Good job on the browns, and keep up the great work on the reports.

DH

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Freeking excellent James. That uw bass shot is damn near close to being excellent. I struggle w getting fish in the frame as well due to my uw camera not having a wide angle lens. Insanely hard get a good shot. The stars must align.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Awesome report James!! Thanks..

D.J.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Nice as always, James -- fish & photography. I think that last pic of the fly reel on the rock (just before the little perch) looks like it could be the cover page of a fly reel company's brochure. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
It pains me when I see people using Rapala type lures with trebble hooks for trout. I learned from experience that they kill fish and shouldn't be used unless actively seeking meat for the table.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Grandpa said:
It pains me when I see people using Rapala type lures with trebble hooks for trout. I learned from experience that they kill fish and shouldn't be used unless actively seeking meat for the table.
well i have used them and caught many trout on them and not killed any maybe its just you handleing them wrong...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts