Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Open water................

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Grumpie. 
#1 · (Edited)
Forecast here in CS is upper 40's to upper 50's for the next week. In Pueblo it's lower 50's to lower 60's. With some wind.

I'm guessing we'll have some open water soon- Willow Springs (which is already 1/2 open and Valco ponds which has rotten skim ice.

And Pueblo res which is open to mid-island.

Anybody else gonna have some open water to fish by this weekend?

#8 ·
Yea... I am in ice mode too... just can't seem to get into em in the metro area... I might have to schedule a trip up to Grand county again. We did GREAT at Willow Creek last time we went. Nothing real big, but a ton of em!!! :) With the boy, fast action is as important (or more) as size of fish. Though, to his credit, he enjoys catching multiple species. He got tired of.catching dink bows at Evergreen and told be he wanted to catch bluegills through the ice. That's when we started fishing metro and the icy skunk began.

Or I could just spend the money on a Parks Pass and make Chatfield my bi*ch every week.. its closer than Evergreen and the Creek and multiple species are possible there. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.