Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, who's going to be there opening day? I think I am going to camp out in the car the night before if I can get the day off. If I do end up going I will bring my grill.

L

·
0 Posts
Talking about it. If I do I'll have a full boat. Every friend I have and their sister wants to go. If I go I'm going to have a camper in the pickup. I don't want to sleep in the truck.

Anyone ever done opening day before? If so, how many boats are generally out there? I guess I'm wondering if it's like the opening day for commercial salmon in Alaska? If so I'll bring my firearms (just joking). Any experience would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I think I am going to be there. I've never been on opening day etither. In fact I have never been to spinney before. I'll take any tips any one has.

If I make it I would be down for a little colorado fisherman taigate!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I have been to opening day probably 6 or 7 times. It is usually feast or famine! I have had days where I stood in one place all day and released two dozen 18-22 inch trout and i have gotten the skunk! It is usually a zoo the first two or three days and I prefer not to go anymore, but there is always some big fish caught!!!! Awesome fishery!!!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hey ya'll,
When is opening day at Spinney? I can see why many want to be there, with the anticipation of a big one and hopefully, many. However, I too hate fighting the crowds and would just as soon go up a week or two after opening. That said, I'm curious as to when it opens and of course, how all of you brave or patient enough to deal with the crowds do. Best of luck to all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Someone has to post what day 1 at Spinney had to offer for all those who cannot make it. I hate crowds and have had success southpark Apr - Dec for many years, but still virgin day is one I always regretfully miss. Post some quality photos and kill all the pike you find.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the day off, so I will be in the parking area the night before grilling it up. I will be in a orange Isuzu Rodeo with fire plates. See you there!!!!

L

·
0 Posts
I'll be there (friends in tow) Tuesday afternoon at 11mile and then the all night at the "gates of Spinney" for opening day. Forecast is calling for an inch of snow tonight into Tuesday noon-ish (in southpark).

Red/Silver Ford, Camper, Boat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts