Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
i caught a laker on those stinger spoons here. was a dinker so i couldnt tell he was on since i was down rigging. i also got mine outta state. they love their stinger spoons up north.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone tried the Strike King Elite Walleye lures? Bought some at Sportsman's, wondering if I wasted my $$$ or not.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
They will work, but Slayer kinda makes a point (in his hater fashion lol). Lures are fun to get... But usually there are a dozen or so that you truly need. That is coming from someone who fishes nearly every species in CO. I am just as guilty as the next guy when it comes to over buying the latest and greatest.. but man, over and over and over, i go with the same dozen or so. This post is motivating me... I believe there will be a big spring cleaning of my tackle.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They will work, but Slayer kinda makes a point (in his hater fashion lol). Lures are fun to get... But usually there are a dozen or so that you truly need. That is coming from someone who fishes nearly every species in CO. I am just as guilty as the next guy when it comes to over buying the latest and greatest.. but man, over and over and over, i go with the same dozen or so. This post is motivating me... I believe there will be a big spring cleaning of my tackle.
I know what you're saying, but so tired of using my go-to lure all the time, I want to try something different. And if they don't work, I'm back to my go-to lure in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I only use 8 lures for any fish in colo. it's more in learning how to use what you have than in having 10 tackle boxes full of lures that you never learn how to use. for walleye fishing I can carry all the lures I need in my coat pocket, most of the time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts