Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...did a gig and had some toy money. Decided to shop around for a new flasher...came upon the Marcum Showdown Troller 2.0--I think I would like it for some running and gunning ice fishing. I saw it at online at BPS for only $139.99...whoa, right? These are the new ones with the bottom zoom, new and improved plastic and gaskets...$199 everywhere else so I ordered one and got a confirmation.

Just got online just now and onto BPS--the 2.0 isn't there anymore, just the original one for $139.99. WTF? Which did I order??? I took a screen shot of my order but what do you think BPS will do? I did the "In-Store Pickup"....what should I expect? Yikes!

dt

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
If that's what you ordered, that's what you should get. Sounds like they caught their mistake. My guess is that you lucked out and they will do right by you. :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got an email that it's ready for pick-up at the store. Heading up there Tuesday after work. We shall see what they have for me.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So...verdict is....I got the showdown 2.0!!! it took a good 20 minutes but they honored their mistake. Can't wait to try it!!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Taking a screenshot of the order sounds like the right thing to do. I'll have to start doing that, especially when the dreaded Black Friday TW and BTD sales roll around.

I'm glad to hear that they honored their mistake...sometimes something happens that shows that integrity and customer service can still be found.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried it out on Saturday. It took some getting used to--vertical readout, grey scale, trying to get the sensitivity correct, and it was kinda awkward having it hanging from my neck but I landed my first fish on the ice this season because of it! I'm looking at different types of mods online--maybe strap it to my leg or something. I'm definitely attaching a Vex float to the transducer though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts