Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i thought i would go ahead and start a new topic for the purpose of discussing this idea or venture.
1st:what,who, and why do we represent fisherman
2nd:is this long term. will you be able to devote needed time and energy.
3rd:we need to meet in local areas based off region and use this site to update each other and have a big meeting every 1/4 or so (just my opinion as it might work out best if folks dont have to travel long distances all the time)that way we can also affect more regions which will alowe for more exposure.
just intial ideas please chime in if this does not work or if you have another idea.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ken i didn't mean to step on any toes i did not see any activity besides talk so i was just trying to get the ball rolling it sounds as though he have invested some time into this so lead on... they only thing is i really suggest that regional meetings be held as i have a busy life with work and kids as i am sure most do so i believe if we can have some meetings close to home it will help by keeping the interest up. this is also something that could develop over time and getting to know others in our paticular area.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
im pulling for you guys keep it up

i dont supose anyone else south of the ark is looking for a car pool?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Those are to late in the evening for me to attend I have to be at work at 10pm back in Colorado Springs.

F

·
0 Posts
thanks ken, im really excited to meet everyone and get this going.........meandmydog way to stay persistant ......

·
Registered
943 Posts
right on i would like friday and i have another seat in my truck to carpool with. im glad to see you leading this ken. ;D

F

·
0 Posts
hahahaha...name tags with forum names then real names under them ....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am really exicited if for nothing else to help ensure that colorado remains to be a state in which others envey and want to come to. here comes the but. unforunatly i regrefully will not be able to attend any of thoose days.
I will be expecting the birth of my child at that time and the wife will have nothing to do with me leaving town at that time(1ST boy i might add ;D ;D)please do not take this as me not being commited. if not for fishing my life could have turned out dramatically different. i value and love our outdoors and will do what ever is in my power to ensure that basic ethics and responsiblites are passed on not only to my childen but others who dont have some one to enlightin there lives with the pure love of fishing. kick butt have a great meeting and if in any way i can do anything from ft. collins pleaes do not hestitate to ask. oh yea sorry long post.
Nathan

·
Registered
943 Posts
congrats early. there are just somethings in life that are to important to miss. we look forward to you being at another one :D

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Ok count me in. I can't guarantee i will be able to make it any of those evenings. I work 2 of them them and the other is my b-day. My wife might have other plans she thinks is more important than fishing!

Sorry about my ranting and raving in a couple of other topics. It just gets to me that in a great country like America we still have people who can't do for themselves and are waiting for someone to do for them. The whole situation in the Gulf Coast especially New Orleans just makes me very angry. So I vented,

Now unlike the people that I am angry with, I am stepping to the plate and becoming part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

(Bet you thought Iwas gonna make this a topic buster there for a while, didn't you?)

Dan

I really need to go fishing and catch some fish.....

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey ken anymore info on the meeting? i am looking forward to it

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Tuesday works best for me followed by Thursday...I may be taking Friday off that week to camp/fish...so I may be gone fishing...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
i want to be part of an organization
but i cant make trips to far west
with kids wife and work and also living 30 miles from ks
its hard for me to make it up that way but i could
go to all the dow meeting this way for the group so most
of you dont have to come this way

i want to be part of the group just dont know how many meeting i can make it too

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
it would be nice if we could have some sort of chat room going during the meeting so people could "attend" from a distance i used to belong to a club that held "online" meetings they hosted a chat room and also used a "walkie talkie" program so people could talk and type to keep up with the meting

or some sort of "web"cam set up at the meeting that forum members could log into and then have a specfic "topic" for the meeting that long distance attendies could post real time with the meting just a few ideas

1 - 20 of 31 Posts