3,014 Posts
see that would be nice if we could do something like that
i wouldnt mind having group meetings on the computer
we pick a night where we all can try to be on
and we pick a topic and we talk about

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
anyone know of a free chat host i can find the walkie talkie program and post where to down load it you would need a mic and speakers head fones and boom mice work better and it is just like talking on a CB or walkie talkie 1 person talks at a time just push a key on the key board and talk and the others can hear

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
roadkill said:
anyone know of a free chat host i can find the walkie talkie program and post where to down load it you would need a mic and speakers head fones and boom mice work better and it is just like talking on a CB or walkie talkie 1 person talks at a time just push a key on the key board and talk and the others can hear
There are many free chat servers around, I've used several that support the venerable IRC (Internet Relay Chat). We' were using them for work before going ahead and setting up our own. You can either setup a new room informally or formally request them.

Here is a list:
http://www.debugoutput.com/fizzer/servers/

Not sure about the ones that support the walkie-talkie setup you are referring to.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
the walkie talkie program is independnt should work regardless of other programs it is used mostly in multi player online games but i have used it stand alone also used to talk with a buddy station over seas shure beets long distance charges

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I was thinking it might be independent of the chat client, but wasn't sure since everybody in the chatroom was connected to it and the same time and it sounded more like a conference call.

There is a free IRC chat client called "xchat" and it can be downloaded from www.silverex.org (windows) or www.xchat.org (Linux, MacOS).

G

·
Tuesday is best for me but any day will work since I don't work. If some one could help me with directions to get there from LaSalle, Colorado that would be great. LaSalle is just south of Greeley.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
My brother in law uses a program called "Roger Willco" has anyone else used it? I understand its a "walkie talkie" program

Dan

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
thats the one i used

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
looks like the 30th has a slight lead has the date been firmed up? those dates are just around the corner

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
cool the online thing will alow more participation. looking forward to it

thanks

21 - 31 of 31 Posts