Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,804 Posts
Yeah...so my argument for Orton getting to keep his job, was that he was playing well...probably our best player.

Yeah, well with 3 wins, and two (to? too? tu?) back to back terrible games........it's time for Tebow...

Playing for pride now... What was that line about 'pride', in Pulp Fiction? Yep, Kyle it's time to hang 'em up...cuz pride only hurts, it never helps. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,509 Posts
i dont think you want to start him in Oakland...I bet they trot him out at home the day after Christmas as a late Bronco Christmas present to the fans...let Orton get killed in Oakland...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
I'm not sure Oakland is the place to give him his baptism of fire (pun intended).

Apparently they are still singing the tune at Dove Valley that he's "not ready". Well, if he isn't ready, why isn't he ready?

I like Orton, but the way he stunk the place up on Sunday I thought for sure we'd see Tebow at some point in the second half.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,804 Posts
theo9805 said:
are they trying to beef up orton's stats to trade the guy? sitting out the last couple games of the season wouldn't look good if they try to get rid of the dude
Well these past couple of games can't be helping his trade value at all... Just terrible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
Maybe they don't want to risk Tebow (a) getting hurt, or (b) stinking up the joint for the whole world to see because (c) they plan to trade him! :eek:

And then we can get a real quarterback with that 3-13 first round draft pick. >:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
they are screwed with whatever they do, not going to get much for Orton in a trade, Tebow's not ready, probably won't be ready next year either. So what do you do? Look at another 1st round QB in the draft or stay with Orton and hope Tebow proves everyone wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,804 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Maybe they don't want to risk Tebow (a) getting hurt, or (b) stinking up the joint for the whole world to see because (c) they plan to trade him! :eek:

And then we can get a real quarterback with that 3-13 first round draft pick. >:D
Wait, so the 'QB' 24 other teams passed on, and potentially 31 teams...would be willing to give up something for him? I don't think I see that happening, and if it does, I don't see us getting equivalent value for where he was taken... :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Maybe a 6th round draft pick, Kenny?? :D
LOL :D

Who knows? Maybe the guy can play... Only one way to find out though...
After that half-hearted effort yesterday by everybody (except Champ Bailey), I'm ready to put Tebow in and see if he can play.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,804 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Mrwigglestheworm said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Maybe a 6th round draft pick, Kenny?? :D
LOL :D

Who knows? Maybe the guy can play... Only one way to find out though...
After that half-hearted effort yesterday by everybody (except Champ Bailey), I'm ready to put Tebow in and see if he can play.
Yeah, but judging by what I saw, he'll be playing by himself... :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Can u punt on 1st down?

What a shame to see what has become of the Broncos since the likes of Elway, Sharpe, Davis, Bishop, TJ, Winder, Smith, Atwater, Mecklenburg, Mobely, Griffith, McCaffery.....I could go on but I think you get the point
 

·
P I K E
Joined
·
10,082 Posts
checkers8 said:
Can u punt on 1st down?

What a shame to see what has become of the Broncos since the likes of Elway, Sharpe, Davis, Bishop, TJ, Winder, Smith, Atwater, Mecklenburg, Mobely, Griffith, McCaffery.....I could go on but I think you get the point
Don't forget Maurice Claret!!! >:D ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,320 Posts
Wow, it sounds like you've already lost next weeks game! I understand though, I really do. Maybe this thought will brighten the mood in the thread. With the Raiders blowing it in the 2nd half Sunday, they have pretty much screwed themselves for the playoffs. (which I never expected to be praying to a chance in December to begin with). So it really just depends on what team shows up. I assure you, if the bad Raiders team shows up, its an equal match up. When we play bad, its not pretty.

I need a prayer if you guys could help... Either Cinci, San Fran, or Denver needs to beat the Chargers, and either the Rams or the Titans need to beat the Chiefs, and the Raiders need to win out vs. Denver, Indy, and then beat the Chiefs to make the playoffs. Now I know all you out there would rather see the Raiders make it over the Chiefs or the Chargers right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
The Situation said:
Now I know all you out there would rather see the Raiders make it over the Chiefs or the Chargers right?
Not a chance, dude. :mad:

But, you already knew that. :p
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top