1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this on FB for anyone interested:

From the North Platte River Fly Shop:
Would like to let everyone know I have a brand new North Platte River Fly Shop
Would like to let everyone know I have a brand new Orvis Helios 9' 5wt that I dont need. These are like $800 rods but I will sell it to the first person who wants it for $500
Guide: Krayfish
that I dont need. These are like $800 rods but I will sell it to the first person who wants it for $500
Guide: Krayfish

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm sure it's a shop deal for cash, but it's gone now.

I have three 5wts, but I cast a 9' 5wt helios and all I can say is WOW and if he still had it I would of bought it for sure.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fly_guy said:

I have three 5wts, but I cast a 9' 5wt helios and all I can say is WOW and if he still had it I would of bought it for sure.
yeah-just threw it up here in case somebody was interested in it. sounds like it went pretty quick.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Let R Rip said:
fly_guy said:

yeah-just threw it up here in case somebody was interested in it. sounds like it went pretty quick.
Good call. I'm looking to get a new 9' 4wt soon and I'll be keeping my eye out for a deal like that. If I can't find one I think I'm going to check out the Hydros.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Although I am not much of an Orvis person My son is looking at the Helios/Hyros so I cast one for a half hour or so. Sweet rod. Feels so close to a Z Axis it’s hard to tell the two apart. The Helios/Hydros is slightly faster action but just as easy to cast.

By the way the Helios and the Hydros are the exact same rod blank. The only difference is the rod case (Carbon fiber no less), guides, reel seat and cork. The Orvis person I talked to said the only reason Orvis is making the Hydro’s is they felt with the economy the way it is, they felt there would not be many $800 rod sales.

Orvis new promo starting later this month or next is rumored to include a free reel for either rod selected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts