Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, opened the excel bill Friday and about passed out $335.00 dollars for one month. Thats $135.00 more than last month, talk about being kicked in the nuts. With the increases in gas, fishing and hunting licences and now your home heating bill when willit stop. Looks like it will cut into how much time I will be spending out in the field.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Mine was $297. The kicker is I used less gas and electricity than I did the same period last year. My biggest bill last winter did not break $200. I knew this was coming when they approved a 40% (?) increase for public service. I just wasn't prepared mentally for it.

It hurts, it hurts real bad...........someone hit me with shovel and put me out of my misery............

Dan

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
335    i will pay yours if you pay mine
we were pennys away from 500
we had to have the heater on for 3 days this past
month running on its highest setting because there
was some part going out and if we turned it down the
heater turned off     we woke up twice with the house
50 degrees   oh then we had to pay the heater guy this
past month for the part too
another 300   so this past month 800 on my heating bill

i cant wait for sping to get here

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
sounds like its time for a wood stove and a splitting maul. this method warms you twice once when you split it and again when you burn it

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
You guys wanted ice fishing...see what happens when that stuff shows up...some of us wanted summer to hang on!...but nooooooooo...

·
Registered
862 Posts
atleast im not the only one!! I opened up my bill last month and it was $441 I about had a heart attack (and im only 21..lol) it blew my mind on avergage a bill in the summer was around $150 but I guess we have had the heater blastin 24/7 because of the baby lately so what can ya do I guess...

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm on Excel for gas only (heat and hot water), and it was 109.66 for me last month, about the same as this time last year, but we used a lot less than last year (less income than last year). We set the stat at 59 during the night, and 62 during the day. Have gotten used to wearing an extra layer around the house. Programmable thermostat helps, because during the workday, when we're at work, we program it to stay low, and then crank up about the time we should be getting home.

I don't see the public service fee on my bill, is that on electricity usage for you guys?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
yea thats what i was doing last year turn the heat up
then turn it down

but this year with the new baby
cant do it

and this year has been alot colder then last year
well for us in the south east corner any way

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Cutthroat said:
I don't see the public service fee on my bill, is that on electricity usage for you guys?
Usually the Publice Service bill includes gas & electric. Mine ran $250 last month -- I'm afraid to find out what this month will bring. We also use programmable thermostats and lower the temp at night/during the day...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Wow! Mine was $258 and I thought that was bad! $500!#@$ I would have had a freaking heart attack. And guess what, they are going to go to the PUC again to ask for yet another increase! If I were in Boston I would be throwing tea (or coal in this case) into the sea! My 1.75% raise for this year just won't keep up with allthis.

·
Registered
297 Posts
scubapig said:
  My 1.75% raise for this year just won't keep up with allthis.
Yea, and health insurance is only going to go up between 15% and 25% , gas is up at least 30%, I bet you never knew how far you could strech a 1-2% raise!!! ??? ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
935 Posts
I used to work at Indiana University, and the last year, the administrated voted themselves a 14% pay raise (most already making six figures), while support staff was given 2% (already making peanuts).

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yea, and Congress gave themselves a nice little raise right before going on their holiday vacation. The little guy sure gets it in the shorts these days. What do they say...it all rolls downhill :mad:

·
Registered
688 Posts
last month the gas only bill in my shop was 141.00 got the bill today 531.00

1 - 20 of 30 Posts