Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So about two weeks late, but my better half and I spent a week way up north. The best part of the trip was spent with Captain Nemo/Redleader. He took us on a great tour that resulted in a limit of rockfish.

I don’t think my wife has ever had a better fishing trip. Her smile says it all.

I never caught one of the magical yelloweyes but Steve was nice enough to let me hold one of his for a photo.

And one of the Captain.

Truly a magical trip. I’m back up north in both July and August. Hopefully I can sneak away long enough on one of those trips to chase some fish again.

Having yelloweye tacos for dinner tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After my wife went home, I went out on a charter chasing halibut. Had I known how rough the water was I would have stayed home.

https://youtu.be/RxNpWHb4Ofc

This video doesn’t do the water justice. It got a lot rougher as we went out.

When we were anchored, there was another boat a couple hundred yards away. When that boat was between the swells, it completely disappeared.

Half the boat was busy chumming. But we did limit out on chickens.

And, as always, great fun can be had at the launch ramp. They do things differently up north.

https://youtu.be/6UQyqiwp7rI

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Nice pics except for mine lol, I was struggling with Sciatica and a bum knee.
Better now, let me know when you get back.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pics except for mine lol, I was struggling with Sciatica and a bum knee.
Better now, let me know when you get back.

Had a fantastic time. I wish you felt better though. Trying to work a trip back in August. I know I will be back in July but that 4-letter W word is screwing up my trip.....

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Just had some killer Rockfish soup, the Black ones were some fast action once we found em. Amber's a natural she got the job done quick. Some nice Shallow water Halibut going on lately with a forecast of Red meat soon,lol.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Been there, done that !! Alaska has never let me down. Those big rockfish and LingCod are lots of fun. I too took a halibut trip out and man was it rough. Tide was going one way, the wind was going the opposite way and the snow was flying hoziontally. Oh, did I mention 8' seas???? Oh my god, the boat was covered with eggs, bacon and hash browns. It was impossible to hit the toilette...………. OMG !!! LMAO..... great pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts