Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you in advance for you help.
I will be in Denver for a week in late September for a wedding. I'm making a vacation out of it particularly to fly fish (at least 4 or 5 of the days) and will be bringing my own gear.

Any suggestions on a guide service that is relatively cheap for 1 person? All i can find tends to be over $350 for a full day unless i can find a few more people which is going to be tough.

Any advice on where to go? I've heard of blue river that time of year for browns, the south platte, and the dream stream as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Adam

·
Registered
31 Posts
If it was me I'd skip the crowds that inundate the South Platte area and head west to the Gunnison Valley. That time of year the fishing is spectacular and everyone is hunting so very little pressure on the rivers and almost no one fishing the creeks. The Gunnison Basin is the marquee fishery in the state and September is the best time to fish it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's about 3.5 hours. If you base our of Gunnison you'll have access to 4 major rivers (East, Taylor, Gunnison, and Lake Fork) and numerous small streams and high lakes. Gunnison is Colorado's ultimate "trout town."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts