Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't targeting carp but was pretty pumped when I saw him! First carp ever, the 3wt was not ideal at all but I was able to horse him in pretty well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I got my first carp on the fly today too! It was real stirred up, got it on a yellow and peacock ice dub pistol pete of all things... The loudest fly I had on me. Got my PB crappie today too.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've not caught a carp on the fly but having caught trout I bet carp are just an awesome battle. Congrats to you both :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice catch. Was he stirring up the water or is it really that murky?
The water was fairly murky but not nearly as much as the picture would suggest..I had a Rottweiler playing shore line defense on me which stirred up the water and made landing the damn fish more difficult than it should have been.

Took a craw imitation on the bottom, I haven't seen much surface activity yet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my first carp on the fly today too! It was real stirred up, got it on a yellow and peacock ice dub pistol pete of all things... The loudest fly I had on me. Got my PB crappie today too.
Nice fish Bugz! We will have to get out this spring- though it might have to wait until after my trip down south of the border. We are taking off in a little over a week and apparently I need to be doing stuff around the house AND NOT fishing....?????

Going to be looking into the potential to get out on the flats for a half day and chase the "real" bonefish..not our land-locked versions pictured above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts