Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess Bob is living up to his company name!!! I know a few distributors and jobbers he has ripped off and now looks like he has done it again, and to a helpful friend to boot! He will not get anymore of my money...CROOK!!! :mad: Below is an article from the 11 Mile Sports site who the outlaw ripped off big time for thousands of $$$!!! A**!!!

OUTLAW ALERT

We rarely write about anything in this report other than the fishing facts, contest info and special offers. Every now and then a matter rises that justifies a statement.

For those of you who live in Colorado Springs and patronize Outlaw Bait and Tackle and for those of you who are Wholesale Buyers this info is for you. We have been a good wholesale customer of Bob Menninger/Outlaw Bait since 2002. We liked his quality products and service. He has supported all of our fishing tournaments over the years as a sponsor. A few years back he asked if we could assist him getting ice fishing equipment for resale. He did not have an account with MT Sports as we did which is the best dealer to get ice fishing gear from for both price and terms. We assisted. Each year his order got larger. This year he wanted to order almost $10,000.00 worth of equipment. We declined since he was buying through us on our credit account with MT, was putting no money down and paying us via two payment MT terms. But we did assist to the tune of $5,880.00. His first payment in the amount of $2,940.00 was returned ISF. He has not made that good nor did he make the second payment of $2,940.00. He sold all of the big ticket items and most everything else. In an effort to secure payment we offered and he accepted a note. He defaulted on the first payment. If you purchased a power auger, shelter or almost any ice fishing equipment at Outlaw Bait and Tackle this winter it was obtained from 11 Mile Marina without payment. We are forced to pursue legal remedies in an effort to collect. As it turns out there are others that have been burned by Bob Menninger over the years. He had no account with MT for a reason. For a small business in today’s economy this is a hit that hurts. In essence beyond friendship we had no reason to help him since he technically is a competitor in the ice gear market. Heck if he had no stuff to sell we probably would have sold more in our store. The biggest bummer of all is we helped him without any mark up or financial benefit on his orders and trusted him for payment because we thought he was a friend. One day we had a 3:00PM appointment at his shop where allegedly we would get paid. His employee said “Bob went to the bank to get your money”. He never returned or called. The next day there was no call to explain. When we finally made contact he expressed no remorse, offered no apology and made no good faith effort to pay even a small amount. It’s your choice where to spend your money. Do you want to support an unethical businessman? Never gave much thought to the name OUTLAW Bait and Tackle until now.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Wow this is a tough one cause I admit I go to Outlaw baits a lot during the winter to get my waxworms and other stuff. But if it is true what you say then I will choose not to support them. Ripping off business partners especially in tough times like now is definitely a low blow.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
That would suck!

I personally would never dole out that kind of merchandise without a credit check or some type of collateral!

First thing I would do is to go to the court house and file a mechanics lean on any property he has! Home, vehicle, merchandise for collateral damage!

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Big Kahuna said it best, Larry isn't the best of folks either.....at least Bob has something that few other have....live bait.

·
Registered
85 Posts
stilol i dont like larry he had me drive 3.5hours to work for him for 2weeks and when i was like 5min away call me and say o theres no were to stay now....

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Larry has always been good to me. He is a little rough around the edges until he gets to know you but he will do anything for a friend. Good dude imo.........

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I guess I know a different Larry Bob. Rough personality at first but warms thru time. Larry Bob does support alot of kids fishing events here in the Springs and south.

Hope this gets resolved to everyones liking.

Strike through on Larry's name, meant to say Bob...owner of Outlaw Bait.

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
X2 what waterwolves and setthehook said. I consider Larry a pretty good friend, yes rough around the edges to start but good guy down deep! Those of you that wish this bad financial loss on him or any other small business deserve what bad crap comes your way!!! And lil kahuna...your sales experience here on this site has a lot to be desired if my memory serves me right, prolly why nobody is jumping on the stuff you have on here for sale right now!!! :-*

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I don't wish any financial loss on anyone. But I believe in karma and this may well be bad karma on Larry from Bob right now and Bob will be have it coming back to him. I know I've got some bad karma coming from the folks I've pissed off lately.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
TthePikester said:
And lil kahuna...your sales experience here on this site has a lot to be desired if my memory serves me right, prolly why nobody is jumping on the stuff you have on here for sale right now!!! :-*
ha,ha...it must been the puncuation that tipped you off... :D

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Captain America said:
hummus cannonball said:
Captain America said:
I'll still go there. It's less than a mile from my house.
True American values! Give me convenience or give me death!
Amen brother! From there I can jam south to Pueblo!
Pueblo is 1000x better than filthy springs and their no fishing. I live 10 minutes from the lake >:D But man, pueblo needs some fishing stores!!!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts