Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out this morning that my job has gone overseas....I have until April 15th to find a new position within the company, then I get the severance package. ...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Could be a good thing in disguise. Mo money + another position. Could end up rough though.

I agree with Ken. Fairly LAME! :mad:

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Just got a text from my wife...her company just informed them that they will be outsourcing more of their jobs as well.... :mad:

Wife is safe for now, but that's only until they get the outsource workers "properly" trained.

So lame.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
sorry to here this friends... here is a little story to help explain why it's happening though.

In the year 2011, the Lord came unto Noah,
Who was now living in England and said:
"Once again, the earth has become wicked and over
-populated, and I see the end of all flesh before me."
"Build another Ark and save 2 of every living thing
Along with a few good humans."
He gave Noah the blueprints, saying:
"You have 6 months to build the Ark before I will
Start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights."

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah
Weeping in his yard - but no Ark.
"Noah!," He roared, "I'm about to start the rain!
Where is the Ark?"
"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah, "but things have changed."

"I needed a Building Permit."

"I've been arguing with the Boat Inspector
About the need for a sprinkler system."

"My neighbours claim that I've violated the
Neighbourhood By-Laws by building the Ark in my
Back garden and exceeding the height limitations. We had to
Go to the Local Planning Committee for a decision."

"Then the Local Council and the Electricity Company demanded a shed load of money for the future costs of moving power
Lines and other overhead obstructions, to clear the
Passage for the Ark's move to the sea. I told them
That the sea would be coming to us, but they would
Hear nothing of it."

"Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban
On cutting local trees in order to save the Greater Spotted Barn Owl."
"I tried to convince the environmentalists that I
Needed the wood to save the owls - but no go!"

"When I started gathering the animals the RSPCA took me to court. They insisted that I was
Confining wild animals against their will. They
Argued the accommodations were too restrictive, and
It was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in
A confined space."

"Then the Environmental Agency ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study
On your proposed flood."

"I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the
Human Rights Commission on how many minorities I'm
Supposed to hire for my building crew."

"Immigration are checking the
Visa status of most of the people who want to work."

"The trades unions say I can't use my sons. They
Insist I have to hire only Union workers with
Ark-building experience."

"To make matters worse, the Inland Revenue seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally
With endangered species."

"So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10
Years for me to finish this Ark."

"Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine,
And a rainbow stretched across the sky."

Noah looked up in wonder and asked,
"You mean you're not going to destroy the world?"

"No," said the Lord.
" The Government beat me to it."

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Whats the chances of finding a new position in the company? That sucks man before my current job I was laid off from 3 different companies 1 downsizing and 2 moving jobs over seas. Hope you find something and its not a pay cut.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Just found out this morning that my job has gone overseas....I have until April 15th to find a new position within the company, then I get the severance package. ...
[/quote]

don't just post for us to condole you. let us know what you do and what you want to do. who knows you might get a lead or a job before you get laid off. with 10000 members you might have someone in the cff family who is looking for you.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Epic - Don't know the answer to that question. I'm not sure I want to try to stay with them anyway. They have not treated me very well...When it was EDS it was a pretty good company to work for, but HP has done some things that were ...let's just say they didn't do the RIGHT thing....

Wally Seeker - good point! I am a Windows System Administrator. Supporting Windows server environments for the last several years. If anybody needs more info - let me know!

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
onefishinfool said:
Epic - Don't know the answer to that question. I'm not sure I want to try to stay with them anyway. They have not treated me very well...When it was EDS it was a pretty good company to work for, but HP has done some things that were ...let's just say they didn't do the RIGHT thing....

Wally Seeker - good point! I am a Windows System Administrator. Supporting Windows server environments for the last several years. If anybody needs more info - let me know!
Any SCCM/Group Policy/WSUS experiance?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am very familiar with WSUS. I set up a server while I was at Sun - set up the groups, times, etc. I was also primarily responsible for all of the deployments every month. I have seen SCCM packages setup (this was back when it was SMS) but that was a while ago. Group policies I understand as far as setting up a policy and assigning it to an object, however I have not done much of it.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
onefishinfool said:
I am very familiar with WSUS. I set up a server while I was at Sun - set up the groups, times, etc. I was also primarily responsible for all of the deployments every month. I have seen SCCM packages setup (this was back when it was SMS) but that was a while ago. Group policies I understand as far as setting up a policy and assigning it to an object, however I have not done much of it.
Pimp your resume with the wsus and SMS stuff.....working knowledge of group policies is worth it's weight in gold....

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Watch CL. The company I work for and quite a few other Manganged Solution Providers are doing quite well in the Metro area. We are not hiring right now, but have hired 3 system engineers in the last 7 months. Have to be well versed in desk side support, networks, server admin, and have a solid background in exchange. But there is money to be made.

Ive rolled out 2 2008 servers installs and couple Exchange mirgrations in the last month (also worked over 200 hours last month) but its better than being slow.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Sorry to hear about your job. We look for Windows SAs with Active Directory/Group Policy/MSI build experience, etc. and for Linux it's GFS/cluster management and vhosts for both. Maybe a good time to re-tool and gain some experience (including MS or Unix certifications) or even computer security which is seeing constant growth.

Good luck, let us know how it goes and use any time you get wisely!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts