Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, things have been rather heated on the forum these past few days, so I would like to toot my horn about what a great white hunter I am and whatnot. Ahem.

In all seriousness, I have been lucky to fish California and Alaska salt this year, in addition to some one-off catches here in good ole Colorado.

If anyone cares, here is a link:

http://carpetrutta.blogspot.com/2010/11/year-of-many-species.html

I could not get all the fish in one post, as the server would not let me, but I will add more soon. I got some sharks!

WOO-HOO! :D

SS

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the octopus was tasty. I actually ate a little raw, while it was still moving. It was grabbing on to my throat as i was trying to swallow, I will never forget that sensation! Made me feel like a Klingon.

That smallie was so pretty, made my day... of course. Another solo tripod pic, like most my pics.

cheers!

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Wow that first photo draws you in and kills you and it gets better from there...congrats on the plethora of victims!!!...great shots thanks for sharing!...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Very nice, coworker!! Want to hear the good news? :D

Didn't know you went to Alaska. You've got the life, Shaun Dog. Always did. Why did I have all these kids? ;D

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all. Actually have not fished as much this year as in past, I have been pretty lucky to catch some nice fish in spite of it.

Lost my California halibut, lost my tigers. Missed the major salmon runs, but I got a few legal sockeye, which I ate.
I have killed more fish this last year than the past decade put together. Thirty+ pounds of fillets came home from AK, plus pan fish, a few trout, and two limits of walleye. I am starting to remember how to clean a fish... >:D

Perhaps being a broke @$$ student with no job had something to do with it? :p

SS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts