Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Played Hooky with Blademaster and the catching was as hot as the weather. It was basically a fish on every other cast till 10am then a fish every cast till 3pm. Prolly 150 eyes and 75 drum, a dozen crapps, a bass, and a sunfish. I tell ya, catch 6, 4-5lb drum in a row and you will feel it. Those bastards fight like hell. Biggest eye was 20-1/8", we landed prolly 20 legal keepers. Never lost a lure!
ALL ON METAL!
Only damper at all was some JACKWAD in a LUND overloaded with these huge fatwads kept cutting between us and the shore or just simply dragging **** right on the obvious spot we ( and others) were fishing. Morons. We outfished them 10-1 though.

To clarify- I have nothing against fat people they have the same human worth as skinny people.

But then a guy in a Ranger with a power pole anchored right in the fatboys way and all was good!:thumb:

ZMAN gave me some advice on this lake so I did exactly the OPPOSITE of everything he told me and it was an EPIC day.:eek:

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm impressed. Some huge fatwads just don't deserve a boat.
It was still every cast when we left. Them Drums will beat the crap outta ya. Ever notice how they "talk" to you when in the boat? Pretty cool-

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
It was still every cast when we left. Them Drums will beat the crap outta ya. Ever notice how they "talk" to you when in the boat? Pretty cool-
Yeah, just don't stick your fingers too far down their throat. They have some crushers down there. I've seen three inch minnows turned into six inch minnows with accordion pleats the length of their body. They use them to crush shells on mollusks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
looks like an epic day....Cooking shows make saltwater Drum to be a delicacy, are fresh water anything like em? most everyone says delicacy or not they're gross (both varieties).

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
SWEEEEEEET!!!!

See Slayer has brains, regardless of his appearance! :biggrin:

Sounds like a ridiculous day on the water. I am dying to try whole fried drum. I love catching them.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I can only remember catching one and that was a long time ago. Might be something different to target on a trip down South.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts