Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit the water at the crack of 7AM, no wind, there are fishermen and those who fish today I was one of those who fish, the other 2 guys were the fishermen. I was tying a lure when the other guys were catching fish. 40 eyes today along with 6 wipers and 5 SMB. today I only caught 4 eyes, I had to borrow the lure from my buddy, everything I had in my box wouldn't work, not even a kasty all fish were caught on jigging raps in 35 to 40 FOW ln a very small spot, 5 boats no more that 30 feet apart and lots of fish being caught. we only had 1 keeper and a lot 17 15/16th fish. we left just in time at 12:30 the wind came up to about 30 MPH before we got to the ramp, it was cool in the morning and hot at noon. 4 boats had spot lock, 1 didn't when there was no wind it was no problem but he had to move when the wind came up. the fish wanted only a medium size bait, mine was to big and I only caught I fish on it then my buddy took his lure off and let me use it to catch 3 more fish in the last 30 minutes

now it is time for the game...GO BRONCOS !!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just got back from there myself. It was easy finding bluegills and crappies. I finally got a 20 inch walleye after trying all my different sink rate lines and several different patterns. Got the walleye just as the wind was kicking up. Unfortunately, the wind kicked up a little too much for my taste(in a belly boat) and I headed to the house. Too bad about the wind...about 10-15 mph less and I think it would have been pretty good. There were a bunch of fresh baitfish(yolk sacks still attached) and I think the predators were movin' in on 'em.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Great report, Thanks Byron! Gotta love friends that'll share the hot lure of the day!

On another note; I hit Chatfield from shore for a couple hours before the game. It was interesting, watching the boats come in when the wind kicked up. There was a small boat, with a small kid up front, hugging the dam making it in slowly and a big ass wake boat comes cruising through about 15feet from them. Freakin dick!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I was out there Friday and Saturday and the fishing was ok. Like you said they were schooled up in real distinct spots. Wipers were all over the place on Friday and Saturday and crushing top waters. My clients wanted walleye but my bass fishing buddies were killing the bass & wipers!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Still mainly the 15" wipers?

I was out there Friday and Saturday and the fishing was ok. Like you said they were schooled up in real distinct spots. Wipers were all over the place on Friday and Saturday and crushing top waters. My clients wanted walleye but my bass fishing buddies were killing the bass & wipers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts