Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got out today on Colemans pontoon, still no trolling motor, his old terrova is in the shop, got water in the lower unit and sitting 3 years froze it up only 500 bucks to repair. any how we anchored up, kind of, bottom was so flat the anchor wouldn't hold in a 10 mph. wind. Coleman had 2 wipers get off at the boat before I got a lure in the water. then he caught 8 eyes to my none. the bite died and we found a lot of fish but they had lock jaw. if we had spot lock it would have made a huge difference. my boat is all most ready to get on the water. all in all it was a great day on the water, still no fish to eat, all I want is 1 fish 18-20 inches wiper or walleye, that is my annual limit, one keeper per year

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Tell Coleman he needs to up his game. I'd be offended to be on a boat without Spotlock-

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Nice you got out there Byron. Those Terrovas have had that problem for years. Unlike the powerdrive series that have threaded shafts, the Terrovas have epoxied, pressed in shafts. If the epoxy fails, water gets in and you have to replace the shaft and housing and hope the motor can be cleaned up. Minn kota knows it's a problem.. He should give them a call.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Youll get dinner next time Byron...

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but I like catching a few 20 to 25 inch fish more than a lot of 14 to 15 inch eyes and I dont have to catch a bunch slimers to get them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts