Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Pueblo on saturday on the U.S.S SetTheHook.
Lots of surface activity -- no surface action -- atleast for us.
Half the walleye caught were keepers.  That would be 1 out of 2. One went 18" the other went 17 3/4" They were caught on a jig with a crawler

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i bet that made a nice dinner,

nice eye!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ate it tonight sauteed in butter, onions,minced garlic,salt and white pepper. with a nice white wine -- ok it was a Bud lite.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
stop that im getting hungry

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hey this is colorado shoulkdnt you have Coors?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I don't know too many locals who drink Coors. I love how the spring water comes from the water table. No real "spring." Personally, I don't like the taste. Tried the Skinny Dip from New Belgium? That's pretty good. All my friends from out of town love the Coors brewery tour. It's always cool to watch some idiot get booted out of the hospitality lounge. LOL!

OK, back to fishing.....

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
FH - Funny how the 18 incher looked like it just finished 3 years on the Jenny Craig diet while the shorter fish had just finished 3 years at an all you can eat buffet.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Not to get into this debate again, but is it just me or is that a Saugeye, not walleye? Those dark splotches all over it looks like a saugeye to me.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Fishing_Fiend said:
Not to get into this debate again, but is it just me or is that a Saugeye, not walleye? Those dark splotches all over it looks like a saugeye to me.
Yep they sure are good to eat ;).

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
sure are. I brought home a walley from chatfield, and a saugeye from harriman. Both fillets are chunked up and ready for this weekend. (there is nothing better then fried walleye next to a campfire!) But I plan on doing a tase test. I'm sure they will probably taste very similar if not the exact same. My curiosities got me wanting to try it out though. We'll see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts