Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out on my kayak near the south Marina from about 630am-1300. Caught about 30 walleye and 20 smallies. I was throwing everything from jigs to cranks to some finesse later in the day. I found most of my fish underneath bait fish in about 20-25 ft of water and Water temp was in the high 60s and 70s. I caught no keepers and I'm still learning Pueblo but had a great time out on the water.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
If you don't mind, I'll just tag on here. No pics to share. Met up with Ninja and his buddy Todd yesterday in their kayaks. Water temps 66 in the morning...74 in the afternoon. Mostly dead calm. Could have...hate to say the word...used a bit of wind. The walleye bite was steady all day, but very subtle. I only found one wiper, but broke her off. Chris picked up a couple. I only had one eye that reached eighteen. Todd caught a 22 incher. Chris also went off and picked up several crappie and at the end of the day, the big fish of the day. A nice Ahh... Ahh fish. Fun day fishing...getting very hot down there.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Also, the new motor and motor mount worked great. No more hot manifold next to my arm. Got burnt pretty good in that windstorm a couple of weeks ago when my old motor slipped.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Was a great day! Can't figure how to get pictures to load up. But the "ahh... ahh fish" wore me out on 6lb test. Weighed right at 14 lbs. Gotta love the Golden Wiper and how they fight.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Went through 7 dozen leeches from 6:00-10:00 am yesterday from the bank at Pueblo. Started out using two poles with slip bobber and jig head but had to go to a single pole due to frequency of fish biting. 40ish walleye and 10 or so bass. Three keeper eyes but they are still swimming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts