Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Conditions were water temp 49-57 at spots if you could find it. murky low but a foot or two clear visibility on top. made seeing the fish come in great!
hit pueblo around my bday for wiper fishing. got into the walleye got me two. one a bit over 6pds.

windy as all get out yes. hit a 10pd wiper and a bit over 8 pder. with several in the 5-7 range. we threw a few go that were small. gotta get bigger for next year! nothing like the zing of that wiper. hit a few spots.

what its about the lakes a great place to relax.

not bad for the first few trips out. with warmer water i expect the fish to get more going. fishing will go hard and i will have the ol digi.
tightlines TL

W

·
0 Posts
Looks like one heck of a day there! Right on dude! You did more damage in that one trip than in all mine put together.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah it will be even better when the water temp rises. my friend even got this poor felllow. had a goofy mouth, so we let him go. to get bigger with his wierd mouth. we let a few smaller ones go bc they needed to get bigger for next year.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Very Nice!!!!

D.J.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
TL1000R said:
oh yeah it will be even better when the water temp rises. my friend even got this poor felllow. had a goofy mouth, so we let him go. to get bigger with his wierd mouth. we let a few smaller ones go bc they needed to get bigger for next year.
Looks like Riv was usin' braid ;D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah good point someone could have hit into him when he was even smaller on braid trolling.
my friend did better on both trips but i got the better size. just plain catching is a good day though. hearing the drag zing.

and with that trip bested my last year best of a bit over 8pds. i got another eight pder the second day out. still looking for the granddaddy wiper.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I bet those big wipers did provide some zing!! Nice ones! Were you bait fishing with a bobber? I've actually never even fished for wipers before.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah baitfiishing. if you have never wiper fished get out on the res when teh wiper are really hitting i mean going to town. ive had 150 wiper nights when theyre running me and my friends running all over the boat trying to grab poles before theyre swimmin poles.. . fish fry for nights.
im dying for the crappie to start hittin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts