Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been out but have some reports for today and yesterday. yesterday was red hot for eyes and small wipers with a few keeper eyes, today was a lot slower only about 12 fish per hour but bigger with a 25 inch eye. the key is still look for small spots with a lot of fish. if you get off the spot by 50 yards there wont be many fish. even the spot will move so if you go many minutes without a bite start looking for the fish again. they haven't been moving far, the shad are key

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm hoping to get out there maybe Sunday. This being Friday, I'm all stoked and ready to get back out. I'm not sure any of my posts really give much info when I'm on 'em because I fly fish instead of the way most of you guys do it. I have gone deep for them with a full sink line or sometimes a fast sink tip, but usually I find them in fairly shallow water next to fairly steep structure. One thing I've found interesting (with the exception of 30-50 fish days in May) is that my legal fish to short fish ratio is pretty good. Never have got into any monsters yet, but I get quite a few in the 18-21 inch range. I also feel that SOME wind helps the fishing. Hard wind would probably be o.k. too, but it's nearly impossible to control a belly boat.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
The bass fishing has been about as good as it gets and the bigger fish have started moving shallow. Was out there Thur and 64-65 water temp everywhere I went. Most of the other boats were fishing for walleye.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts