Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good spinning rod that packs down to 2 ft or less. Any recommendations? My internet searching yields mainly 2 pc rods (too long broken down) or really expensive 4 to 6 pc rods. My concept is to carry this one on my bike...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
i heard uglystick made a multi piece rod and if it was as indestructable as the other uglysticks that would be nice for packing around anyone know the model ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
roadkill said:
i heard uglystick made a multi piece rod and if it was as indestructable as the other uglysticks that would be nice for packing around anyone know the model ?
I think I actually saw this at wally world (wal-mart) It's 3 or 4 pieces and comes with a carrying box. didn't notice what the price was.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
farmer ted said:
roadkill said:
i heard uglystick made a multi piece rod and if it was as indestructable as the other uglysticks that would be nice for packing around anyone know the model ?
I think I actually saw this at wally world (wal-mart) It's 3 or 4 pieces and comes with a carrying box. didn't notice what the price was.
Not sure but I think I saw this too, bigger then 2ft isnt it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Scroll down to packable rods on the following link...

http://www.shakespeare-fishing.com/products/rods/ugly.shtml


Model Length Pcs Handle Act. test Lure Weight Guides
SPL 1103 5'0" 3 H L 4-10 1/16-1/4 4 + Tip
SPL 1104 6'0" 4 I M 6-15 1/8-5/8 5 + Tip
SPL 1104 6'6" 4 I M 6-15 1/8-5/8 5 + Tip
CAL 1103 5'6" 3 B ML 4-12 1/8-1/2 5 + Tip

Seems any of these would be 2' and under and you would be looking for the SPL models.

Hope that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
report back on what you got after you have used it a while and let us know how good it is, ill be looking for a pack in rod in the spring

thanks
RK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
roadkill said:
report back on what you got after you have used it a while and let us know how good it is, ill be looking for a pack in rod in the spring

thanks
RK
I am curious as to how you end up likeing it.

Please report back as roadkill asked, I would love to get one also. Not that I need one, but it would be nice to have. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, guys, I bought me a pack rod today. Happened to be in the neighborhood of Sidney, Nebraska, so I went into Cabela's and came out with their Fish Eagle II, a 4 pc , 6 ft rod that breaks down real nice. Came with a Prestige reel at a package price of $100 not including a case and line, so I spent almost $140 by time I got out of there. More than I wanted to spend. I will report later on how it fishes for me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
Amster said:
More than I wanted to spend.
Hahah for some reason Cabelas has that effect.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top