Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for some help. My family rented a place in Pagoda for a week in late July. Looking for some suggestions for good places to fish. Would like to do some fly fishing with the fan with easy access as my 82 year old grandma still loves to get out on the streams, then some more technical waters for myself. Anything helps as I have never been to Pagoda! Thanks

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Animas river and the San Juan rivers for the technical side but as for G-ma....???

SJ is about 80 miles away.

Animas in Durango about 60 miles?? I think

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Or maybe the Chama area...? I am not too familiar with it, but I know fishing can be had around there. It is about 50 miles away.

Probably any creek in the Pagosa area would be fishable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check out echo lake. Stalked pretty well with trout every year, plus has some decent warm water fishing for bass, crappie and bluegill. Easy access and pretty close to pagosa springs

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Piedra is beautiful. Easiest with two cars, park one at the bottom, drive the other to the bridge, work back to the one at the bottom. It will be a long day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The San Juan has some good fishing thru the town, most of the SJ is on private property.
Williams Lake has some good fishing from the bank and boat, the creek at the outlet has a lot of miles from there to the junction with the Piedra, the East fork of the Piedra has some also, a lot of the creeks are growing up with willows and makes it harder to fly fish.
The Pagosa Lakes Property Assoc has several lakes in town that are regularly stocked, a permit may be purchased. This year I've heard they stocked a lot of bigger fish up to 20". Echo canyon lake already mentioned was a hot spot earlier. I talked to a man that was there recently and he and his partner caught 40 trout up to 16" one afternoon trolling Panther Martins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts