Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out west we painted bait fish on the bottom of the boats there was even someone selling decals that looked like sardines or anchovies but others would just paint them on some guys would just make simple slashes with sparkle paint others would paint more realistic fish. the idea was to simulate a school of bait fish around the boat. i fished from a few boats like this and they did seam to hold the fish around the boat better

has anyone tried this round here, i imagine it might work well for the wippers or other schooling fish

im thinking of giving it a worl for the crappie gone have to paint smaller bait fish not the 8" sardines im used to

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Imagine doing that with swordfish and they'd hit the boat and break the fiberglass. LOl. JK Never heard of it sounds like a good idea though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow, that's a wild idea! I don't have a boat...but I wonder if anyone sells "fish camo" waders that I could use with my belly boat...It would even look like they're moving when I kick around! I guess it would be all fun and games until a 20lb tiger muskie came up for a bite.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
basshunter said:
Wow, that's a wild idea!  I don't have a boat...but I wonder if anyone sells "fish camo" waders that I could use with my belly boat...It would even look like they're moving when I kick around!  I guess it would be all fun and games until a 20lb tiger muskie came up for a bite.
Just add a few treble hooks on the outer thighs for decoration ;D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
has anyone tried this round here, i imagine it might work well for the wippers or other schooling fish
We have something similiar here but it only occurs in late fall/late winter/and early spring...we paint green tree leaves on the bottom of our boats...but it only works when there arent any leaves on the real trees...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts